|That means that you can support the Miller-Dwan Foundation with a gift from your IRA, and you won’t need to include that amount in your taxable income.
Think about making a gift from your IRA if:
- You are least 70 ½ years of age when the gift is made
- You don’t itemize deductions
- You pay state income tax but cannot take charitable deductions on your state return
- You wouldn’t be able to deduct all of your charitable contributions because of deduction limitations
- An increase in taxable income would negatively affect your ability to use other deductions
- The gift must be transferred directly from your IRA administrator to the Miller-Dwan Foundation
- IRA gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per person ($200,000 for a couple) in a given year
- They can only be outright gifts (can’t fund a CGA or charitable trust)
- No goods or services can be given in exchange
- The gifts cannot be made to a donor advised fund, a supporting organization, or a private foundation
That makes a gift to the Miller-Dwan Foundation the perfect way to support your healthcare community.
Contact your broker or accountant for more information.
Please feel free to pass this information along to someone you know who is at least 70 ½ who may benefit from this information.