This is why in 2007, the Miller-Dwan Foundation opened Solvay Hospice House to our region’s families, embracing the utmost respect for life in times of death. It’s the touch that Solvay brings to hospice care—a warm embrace that we invite you to help us extend for years to come.
- Nestled on 9.5-acres of pristine woodlands and bathed in the light of floor-to-ceiling windows that follow the daily rhythms of the sun, Solvay Hospice House is a place where the human spirit is eased and honored as the end of life draws near.
- With 12 rooms for people at the end of life, the attractive home offers inviting open spaces – from the sunroom and meditation area to the dining room and outdoor gazebo – as well as private spaces that give each patient and family room to connect on their terms. For comfort, it’s the best of both worlds: a home-like environment that is Medicare-certified and equipped with the latest palliative resources.
Solvay Hospice House Compassionate Care Legacy Fund
The Miller-Dwan Foundation is seeking $2 million to support hospice patients and families and assure Solvay remains strong and beautiful for all time. Gifts to the Miller-Dwan Foundation Solvay Hospice House Legacy Fund will provide the financial security of permanent funding that:
- Ensures the highest quality of care for hospice patients and families who need our support.
- Helps provide hospice and palliative care and end-of-life services to anyone who needs and wants care regardless of their healthcare provider and their circumstance.
- Sustains growth to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- Fulfills ongoing facility and equipment needs.
Just as you would lovingly care for your own home, this campaign supports the ongoing maintenance of Solvay Hospice House. And just as you would welcome a guest in need of rest, the campaign extends financial support to those in need through a Legacy Fund that covers gaps in insurance coverage. With your help, the Miller-Dwan Foundation will create a $2 million Solvay Hospice House lasting legacy to sustain what was created and has been nourished since Solvay Hospice House opened in 2007.