Please go to How to Apply for more information about our funds and focus areas.
Please contact Joan Oswald at (218) 786-1504 for application information.
The goal of the Miller-Dwan Foundation is to improve people’s health and wellness both locally and in our surrounding region. We encourage and support healthy lifestyles while prioritizing larger healthcare-related collaborative efforts for greater systemic impact. We support community and hospital-based programs, including promising solutions for diagnosed medical conditions that align with our mission.
Our Funding Areas
- Physical Rehabilitation
Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin
Who We Fund
- Organizations that meet our physical rehabilitation funding focus
- Strong, stable, well-lead organizations
- Organizations seeking greater capacity and systemic impact
Eligible Activities Include
- Larger collaborative efforts that will reliably maximize multi-entity funding to address systemic change
- Program and project support
- Talent and training (with a strong preference for local training impacting multiple parties)
- Ongoing operating support and/or overhead for programs providing direct health care services w/in our priority areas
- Funding that creates capacity and builds staying power
We Do Not Fund
- Individuals (aside from Abilities First funding)
- Americans with Disabilities Act retrofitting
- Building construction
- Individual continuing education/conference attendance
- Animal research
- Services in conflict/competition with hospital programs and priorities
- Services deemed overly duplicative
- Fundraising activities
- Religious organizations for religious activities
- Activities where participation is restricted to a specific religion(s)
- Debt reduction/retirement
Political organizations or campaigns, lobbying or organizations prioritizing significant legislative influence
- Please contact Joan Oswald, Major Gifts and Grants Specialist at 218-786-1504 or e-mail Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are requesting the opportunity to apply for funding, please provide a brief synopsis of your request, the dollar amount you would like to request and an indication of how you believe your effort fits the priority areas of the Miller-Dwan Foundation.