What We Fund
The Miller-Dwan Foundation provides grant support from a variety of funds. Please carefully review each fund, the associated funding guidelines and past grants to determine your eligibility.
The Miller-Dwan Foundation supports the historical specialty areas of Essentia Health Duluth (formerly Miller-Dwan Medical Center) and Polinsky Medical Rehabilitation Center both internally and in the community.
Our areas of interest are:
- Cancer Treatment/Radiation Oncology Services
- Burn Care
- Mental Health Services
- Adolescent Chemical Dependency Services
- Physical Rehabilitation and the Needs of People with Disabilities
- Specialty Surgical Services
We do not fund general medical or general health-related projects. We will generally not award grants to or for the following:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Endowment campaigns
- Fundraising campaigns for telephone solicitations, ticket sales, fundraising dinners, or other similar purposes
- Ongoing operating support, annual program or activity maintenance or institutional overhead
- Debt retirement
- Influencing legislation
- Projects formerly supported by government funds
We cannot replace government funding.
Geographic Focus: Northeastern Minnesota, Northwestern Wisconsin, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Organizations interested in applying for funding should review the Miller-Dwan Foundation website and contact the Foundation office to discuss their project idea or funding needs. Our staff will help direct you to the appropriate funding source.
Contact Joan Oswald at (218) 786-1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All grant applications must be received by the following deadlines:
- March 1st for review in April
- July 1st for review in August
- October 1st for review in November